Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Big Surprise

Eric and I found out we were expecting the day he left for Seattle, which I believe was September 5th. He was gone the whole week and I just about couldn't stand keeping this secret! We decided to call my parents and do a conference call the next evening. My dad (Steve) answered and thought it was kind of weird that I would say "Hold on, let me add Eric into this call" -- he might of expected something, but I'm sure it wasn't this! I had them put us on speaker phone so mom (Gail and my brother, Dustin) could hear. Mom squeeled with joy and dad I'm sure was shocked :) Dustin was probably glad he was off the hook for giving them the first grandchild for a while.

Our first doctors appointment was that next Wednesday (Eric was still gone) but sure enough the confirmed their was a "Fetus" Huddleston. I had an ultrasound picture to show, now it was time to come up with a plan to tell Doug and Mary. Well, since Eric's birthday was just a few days away and he would be flying back on his birthday I thought what a great way to tell them. I called Russell and Sarah and invited them up to Oklahoma City for "Eric's Birthday Dinner" and made the plans for all of us to go to The Ranch Steakhouse for dinner -- but only after opening presents at our house first. They arrived and Eric proceeded to open his gifts - saving the best for last. As he started to tear into the box, I mentioned that "this gift is really for everyone!" Mary thought maybe I had put some of Mishelle Handy (a fabulous cake designer here in OKC) cupcakes in the box. I had been taking snapshots of each of the gifts he opened so it wasn't strange that I was video'ing' this present. I could explain what happened next but it would probably be more fun to watch - you'll have to just listen about a quarter way through - I got too excited and attacked with hugs and had to set the camera down! It's much more fun to listen than to watch anyway.


The Big Surprise from Kami Huddleston on Vimeo.


It was a night full of tears and excitement -- they were NOT expecting this for Eric's Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kami, this made me cry!! (which is easy to do, but STILL!). Congrats, again!